This is the list of movies we’re watching this October. I expect some of the movies to be switched with others as the mood strikes, but that’s okay. It’s a weird list because it’s really not a top 30 of my favorite horror movies or anything. Lots of movies didn’t make the list because I had re-watched them recently or just because I didn’t feel like re-watching them.
Let’s see if I can come up with anything interesting to say about these flicks after the jump.
1. Stake Land – I’ve seen this one before and I still enjoy it. It has some goofy kung fu stuff going on, but I like that they took the time to do some world building in this one.
2. Haunting of Helena – First viewing. I posted the review yesterday. Not something I’d re-watch.
3. Pontypool – It has an interesting premise and I’ve forgotten enough about it to want to re-watch it.
4. Lords of Salem – Re-watch solely for the visuals.
5. Paranorman – We watched this recently so we might end up not seeing it again, but it’s just really good and a perfect fit for Halloween.
6. Livide – This one was a bit of a letdown when it finally came out, but it has some of the best scenes I’ve seen in a horror movie. Definitely worth a re-watch.
7. Vanishing on 7th Street – This one isn’t really that great, but the girlfriend hasn’t seen it, so we will.
8. Monsters – This one I actually like, but I’ve definitely watched it too many times. Girlfriend hasn’t seen it though.
9. Coraline – It’s pretty good. Worth a re-watch. I think the director is the same as for Paranorman.
10. Splinter – While I’m getting tired of watching this, it’s still a fun movie. I dig the monsters.
11. The Burrowers – This one is a bit slow, but it’s been a while and I want to see how it holds up on repeat viewings. Cowboy horror!
12. GP – One of my favorite horror movies. Looking forward to watching it again.
13. Trick ‘r Treat – Might save this for Halloween. It’s the perfect movie.
14. Teeth – I’ve described the movie to my girlfriend a hundred times, but we still haven’t watched it. So in it goes.
15. Cold Prey – I’m not a huge fan of slasher flicks outside the classics, but this Norwegian movie has a nice setting and it feels pretty fresh for what is essentially a run-of-the-mill slasher movie.
16. Slither – Always fun.
17. The Dark – I liked some of the visuals. I think Sean Bean dies in this one.
18. Tucker & Dale vs. Evil – Probably the best horror comedy in existence.
19. Dead Air – I don’t actually remember this at all and I’ve watched it.
20. R-Point – Another Korean horror movie. Not as good as GP, but still good.
21. Undead – I haven’t watched this in ages. I remember it’s a pretty crazy Australian zombie flick.
22. My Little Eye – Mostly for nostalgia’s sake.
23. Bride of Chucky – The only Chucky film I haven’t watched yet.
24. The Nightmare Before Christmas – Needs no introduction.
25. The Blob – I like this remake. I watched it as a kid and fell in love with it.
26. Teen Wolf – Not sure about this one, but it’s definitely been a while since I last watched it.
29. All the Evil Dead movies.
30. The Conjuring – Heard good things.
31. Pacific Rim – I guess this is cheating, but I wanna watch it and can’t wait till November.
32. The American Scream – Bonus round. A documentary about families and their Halloween decorations.